Monday 4 November 2013

Art lessons with Ivan

Ruby asks a lot of questions!

Today she had a conversation with Ivan:

"I've always been an artist.  I love drawing." [I say]
"Why do you love it?" Ruby asks.
I pause.  I've never talked to anyone about this before.  "When I'm drawing a picture, I feel... quiet inside."
Ruby frowns. "Quiet is boring."
"Not always."

(excerpt from 'The One and Only Ivan' by Katherine Applegate)

Is there an activity you love to do?  Or a place you love to go?  Why do you love it?

13 comments:

  1. I love art but i kinda feal quiet i suppose but i hate bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I love art because it gives us a chance to show our talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like dancing to what ever music cause it makes me feel free

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing tricks on a trampoline because you can always feel free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to swim at the beach because you can just get away from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love playing on my Nintendo DSI, it makes me feel comfortable and at home in any situation

    ReplyDelete