Tuesday 12 November 2013

Representing art in dance

We were lucky enough today to be able to watch the results of Whanau Koru's Rich Task.  They had a visit to the Auckland Art Gallery, where they were inspired by paintings and created dances inspired by the paintings.

Which did you think best represented their chosen painting?

Room 1: 'Butterflies' by Salvador Dali
Room 20: Abstract art by Piet Mondrian

Room 24: 'Composition VIII' by Wassily Kandinsky

Room 21: 'Spring' by a New Zealand artist

Room 23: 'Lilies on a Pond' by Claude Monet


Room 22: 'Starry Starry Night' by Vincent Van Gogh

17 comments:

  1. I think RM 22 and RM 24 was my favourite, I especially loved their music they chose to dance to. It was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think rm 20 was the best they had a nice performance that suited the art style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote rm 20 all the way with colour and fabric what else could you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i vote rm20 as well with the color

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROOM 20's was the best and at the end they made a beautiful painting. Very well done Room 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. room 20 was my favourite I really liked the ending of the dance but all of the other classes did a great job as well
    greer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my favorite dance was room 20. They looked like they enjoyed there dance and the picture they made at the end was very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that rm20 was the best because i saw a lot of passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did show a lot of passion didn't they!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wasnt there and all of them look really interesting and obviously room 20's dance was very good, which painting did they use for inspiration??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all of them were very good but my favorites were RM1, RM21 and RM20s performances because their dances were really interesting and their dances suited their chosen piece of art work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i liked room 20s because i liked it when they pulled the lines acrosss the stage and the actually made the art

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked room 20's the most because there dance was cool and it suited there art!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i liked room 20's the best cause their dance suited the art best and i liked there t-shirts also

    ReplyDelete